Universal Technical Resource Services, Inc. (UTRS) is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team! At UTRS, we enjoy the benefits of working in a collaborative environment of close-knit team members. As a company, we provide a wide range of leading-edge engineering, management, and digital services to the public and private sectors. We are looking for someone that will support our mission to consistently deliver creative, high-quality, technology-based services to our customers on time and within budget.
This position will support the Design Engineering Team. This position is based at Picatinny Arsenal in NJ.
What will you be doing?
This position will be a key member of the Design Engineering team. Duties include:
- Participate in Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings in person and via Microsoft Teams
- Create weapon designs and engineering drawings
- Coordinate Technical Data Package (TDP) changes with design engineers
- Utilize CREO, Windchill and other software to develop and manage the desired TDP changes
What skills will the ideal candidate have to be successful?
- CAD Modelling and component design – CREO, SolidWorks or similar
- Entry level engineering Analysis - ANSYS, ABAQUS, LMS Virtual Lab or similar
- Entry level programming environments MATLAB, Simulink, Labview, Excel VBA, Python
- ASME Drawing practices (Y14.3, Y14.100)
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances
- Elective undergraduate or graduate level coursework in structural analysis
- Entry level or 1-2 years of professional experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook at a minimum
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills
- Excellent at multi-tasking and understanding priorities
- Government or contractor experience a plus
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
- UTRS has COVID-19 vaccination status requirement.
UTRS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UTRS is a drug-free workplace with pre-employment drug testing and background verifications.